NE Phx ~ Kids.Play.Music. (map and directions
Monday, 4:30 PM
09/11/17 - 11/13/17 (10 weeks)
Rhythm Kids Level 2 is an exciting music, movement, and drumming class for children in Kindergarten through second grade (ages 5 though 8). Children integrate and assimilate rhythm into their lives, as they:
- learn multicultural drumming patterns;
- develop new repertoire on various percussion instruments;
- explore movement and dance while singing songs;
- play games based on music & drumming;
- have fun with a host of rhythm activities.
Rhythms Kids follows through on the Music Together® vision to help children complete the pathway of early childhood music development from birth through age 8. As part of the Rhythm Kids experience, children and their grownups can enjoy drumming play and practices sessions at home with the help of online play-along videos featuring Rhythm Kids creator Tom Foote.
Classes are for children K-2 (ages 5 through 8) and include:
- weekly 45-minute classes
- Animal Collection Songbooks & CD's (2 copies) each semester
- Access to online video tutorials and play-alongs.
- Learn, create, discover and explore music, movement and drumming
- Enjoy age-appropriate ways to play rhythm instruments (shakers, tambourines, etc.)
- Experience drumming, son, and dance from around the world (Mali, Puerto Rico, Turkey, etc)
- Find new ways to connect mind, body and voice through rhythm
- Develop skill in improvising, soloing, conducting, composition, and improvisation
- Participate in active musical games that are both enriching and totally fun!
Rhythm Kids 2 students will need to purchase a drum to bring to class and for at-home practicing.