Music Together® helps families rediscover the pleasure and value of informal music experience, musical play, which does not seek perfect performance, but leads to a life long love of music
A Music Together class is:
45 minutes of PURE FUN with your child every week! Classes have a characteristic flow which allows infants, toddlers, and preschoolers to participate and make music together, each at their own level. Certain rituals, such as the welcoming Hello Song, and the sequence of the Instrumental Jam Session / Lullaby / Good-bye Song at the end of class, help children to internally pace their involvement and aid in classroom management. The atmosphere invites and encourages participation by both children and adults, regardless of musical skill, talent, or training. Music Together parents discover what a powerful role model they are to their child, just by having fun with the music themselves. In doing so, they often find that their own musicality flourishes as well.
- A community of families sharing songs, instrument play, rhythm chants, and movement activities in a relaxed, playful, non-performance-oriented setting.
- Music learned through developmentally appropriate activities that support and respect the unique learning styles of very young children.
- Infants, toddlers, and preschoolers participating at their own leveles in family-style classes of mixed ages.
- Parents and caregivers contributing to the enrichment of their child's music environment to provide a rich variety of tonalities and meters.
- A new song collections every semester for three years, featuring great arrangements of original and traditional songs in a wide variety of tonalities, meters, and cultural styles.