Rhythm Kids 1 (4 & 5 yr olds) & Rhythm Kids 2 (K-2nd grade)
Rhythm Kids Level 1 is the next musical step for your preschool child (ages 4-5) with a parent or caregiver. Each week we drum, sing, play rhythm instruments, and begin to play music-based games. Rhythm Kids 4-5 guides children toward developmentally appropriate music and movement activities, where they can begin to take charge, lead others, and be musically creative, as they:
- make up their own drumming patterns;
- invent new ways to play rhythm instruments (shakers, sticks, etc.);
- create movement ideas for songs;
- and even take a drum solo!
Rhythm Kids 4-5 follows through on the Music Together® vision to help children complete the pathway of early childhood music development from birth through age eight.
Classes are for preschoolers ages 4-5; and include:
- 10 weekly, 45 minute classes
- Animal Collection Songbook and 2 CD's each semester
- Access to online drum-play videos and other material
Your child will:
- Explore the world of rhythm through movement, instrument play, and song
- Develop basic rhythm skills, like keeping the beat, improvising, ensemble play, and soloing
- Learn to create, cooperate, and express themselves musically
Drums will be provided for the class each week (or you can bring your own). Just add hands!
Rhythm Kids Level 2 is an exciting music, movement, and drumming class for children in kindergarten through second grade (ages 5 though 8). Children will integrate and assimilate rhythm into their lives, as they:
- learn multicultural drumming patterns;
- develop new repertoire on various percussion instruments;
- explore movement and dance while singing songs;
- play games based on music & drumming;
- have fun with a host of rhythm activities.
Rhythms Kids follows through on the Music Together vision to help children complete the pathway of early childhood music development from birth through age 8. As part of the Rhythm Kids experience, children and their grownups can enjoy drumming play and practices sessions at home with the help of online play-along videos featuring Rhythm Kids creator Tom Foote.
Classes are for children K-2 (ages 5 through 8) and include:
- Weekly 45-minute classes
- Animal Collection Songbooks & CD's (2 copies) each semester
- Access to online video tutorials and play-alongs
- Learn, create, discover and explore music, movement and drumming
- Enjoy age-appropriate ways to play rhythm instruments (shakers, tambourines, etc.)
- Experience drumming, songs, and dance from around the world (Mali, Puerto Rico, Turkey, etc)
- Find new ways to connect mind, body and voice through rhythm
- Develop skill in improvising, soloing, conducting, composition, and improvisation
- Participate in active musical games that are both enriching and totally fun!
Rhythm Kids II require a djembe for students to use at home and to bring to class each week.