Rhythm Kids 1 (4 & 5 yr olds) & Rhythm Kids 2 (K-2nd grade)
Rhythm Kids is an exciting music, movement, and drumming class that follows through on Music Together®'s vision to help children complete the pathway of early childhood music development!
Rhythm Kids Level 1 is the next musical step for your preschool child (ages 4-5) with a parent or caregiver. Each week we drum, sing, play rhythm instruments, and begin to play music-based games. Rhythm Kids 4-5 guides children toward developmentally appropriate music and movement activities, where they can begin to take charge, lead others, and be musically creative, as they:
- make up their own drumming patterns;
- invent new ways to play rhythm instruments (shakers, sticks, etc.);
- create movement ideas for songs;
- and even take a drum solo!
Classes are for preschoolers ages 4-5; and include:
- 10 weekly, 45 minute classes
- A new Animal Collection Songbook and CD each semester
- Access to online drum-play videos and other material
Your child will:
- Explore the world of rhythm through movement, instrument play, and song
- Develop basic rhythm skills, like keeping the beat, improvising, ensemble play, and soloing
- Learn to create, cooperate, and express themselves musically
Drums will be provided for the class each week (or you can bring your own). Just add hands!
Rhythm Kids Level 2
Rhythm Kids Level 2 is an exciting music, movement, and drumming class for children in kindergarten through second grade (ages 5 through 8). Children will integrate and assimilate rhythm into their lives, as they:
- learn multicultural drumming patterns;
- develop new repertoire on various percussion instruments;
- explore movement and dance while singing songs;
- play games based on music & drumming;
- have fun with a host of rhythm activities.
A vital part of the Rhythm Kids experience, children and their grownups can enjoy drumming play and practices sessions at home with the help of online play-along videos featuring Rhythm Kids creator Tom Foote.
Classes are for children K-2 (ages 5 through 8) and include:
- Weekly 45-minute classes
- A new Animal Collection Songbook & CD each semester
- Access to online video tutorials and play-alongs
- Learn, create, discover and explore music, movement and drumming
- Enjoy age-appropriate ways to play rhythm instruments (shakers, tambourines, etc.)
- Experience drumming, songs, and dance from around the world (Mali, Puerto Rico, Turkey, etc)
- Find new ways to connect mind, body and voice through rhythm
- Develop skill in improvising, soloing, conducting, composition, and improvisation
- Participate in active musical games that are both enriching and totally fun!
Rhythm Kids II require a djembe for students to use at home and to bring to class each week.
You are welcome to join a free preview Rhythm Kids class. Please RSVP online or call the office, 602-363-8202, and we can help you arrange your visit.
No classes are currently scheduled.