Rhythm Kids is an exciting music, movement, and drumming class that follows through on Music Together®'s vision to help children complete the pathway of early childhood music development!
Rhythm Kids is the next musical step for your child (ages 4-8) with a parent or caregiver. Each week we drum, sing, play rhythm instruments, and begin to play music-based games. Rhythm Kids guides children toward developmentally appropriate music and movement activities, where they can begin to take charge, lead others, and be musically creative, as they:
- make up their own drumming patterns;
- invent new ways to play rhythm instruments (shakers, sticks, etc.);
- create movement ideas for songs;
- and even take a drum solo!
- older children are encourages to learn multicultural drumming patterns
- play games based on music & drumming
Classes are for children ages 4 yrs to about 2nd grade; and include:
- Weekly, 45 minute classes
- A new Animal Collection Songbook and CD each session
- Access to online drum-play videos and other materials
Your child will:
- Explore the world of rhythm through movement, instrument play, conducting and soloing
- Enjoy age-appropriate ways to play rhythm instruments (shakers, sticks, tambourines, etc.)
- Expereince drumming, song, and dance from around the world (Mali, Puerto Rico, Turkey, etc.)
Find new ways to connect mind, body and voice through rhythm
- Develop skill in impovising, conducting and improvisation
- Participate in musical grames that are both enriching and totally fun!
A vital part of the Rhythm Kids experience, children and their grownups can enjoy drumming play and practices sessions at home with the help of online play-along videos featuring Rhythm Kids creator Tom Foote.
Rhythm Kids students are hightly encouraged to purchase a djembe for children to use at home and to bring to class each week.
You are welcome to join a free preview Rhythm Kids class. Please RSVP online or call the office, 602-363-8202, and we can help you arrange your visit.